Many Black scientists and inventors have made invaluable contributions to world healthcare and saved millions of lives. Black History Walks will cover some of those amazing contributions and show how much Black history there is in your local GP surgery as well as hospitals around the world. We will cover ancient Africa, the Congo, Barbados, Peckham and the USA
Giving blood saves lives. Come and hear how you can help from NHS Blood and Transplant. Your donation is an amazing gift to people who need it in an emergency or for on-going medical treatment.
NHS Blood and Transplant needs new blood donors from all backgrounds to ensure there is the right blood available for patients who need it.
- Nearly 400 new donors a day to meet demand
- Around 135,000 new donors a year to replace those who can no longer donate
- 40,000 more Black donors to meet growing demand for better-matched blood
As part of the webinar, members of the NHS Blood and Transplant Community Engagement team will talk about why blood donation matters, who can give blood, how to become a blood donor as well as answer any questions you may have.
Other coming events from Black History Walks
- Dr Cecil Belfield-Clarke plaque unveiling
- Black History River cruise
- Black History bus tour
- How Black People Won World War Two
- Black Women in Broadcasting (1990′)
- Southbank Black History Walk
- Harlem in Mayfair
- Secrets of Soho
- The real Spiritual history of the Woman King
- Black History Walks Volume 1 Colliers Wood and Black Cultural Archives book launch