About this Event
Our St Paul’s/Bank walks have been featuring the Goldsmiths’ Hall and discussing its history for 15 years. On this special virtual event we go inside the famous hall for a personal guided tour of the 190-year-old building which is rarely open to the public. We will cover:
* What is a Goldsmith, what do they do?
* What is a guild? A brief history of the livery companies
* The link between goldsmiths and banking
* The African connections
* Black goldsmiths and jewellers
* How to become an apprentice
* A library of golden history and a chance to study
* The relevance of the Goldsmiths’ Company in the 21st Century
And much more!
This presentation is brought to you by the Goldsmiths’ Company and Black History Walks.
This is an online event delivered via Zoom. The link will be sent to your email address 1 hour before the event please check your junk mail.
Other coming online events from www.blackhistorywalks.co.uk :
- African Women Resistance Leaders: Political and Spiritual course Part 1
- The Black history of comedy
- African Odysseys Black Films and White Power
- Black Presence in the National Gallery
- African Graphic Novels; the rise of Black superheroes
- The economic impact of African hair, local and global
- The Black history of video games
- Hip hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- African Animations day
- St Paul’s/Bank walk
- Black history river cruise