A spectacular journey of music, speech and space discovery on board the Rolls-Royce STARRSHIP H.O.P.E. (Human Outer Planetary Explorer)
Space Entertainment & Discovery Spectacular Created by Terry Jervis – Powered by Rolls-Royce
If you are fascinated by space and the heavens then join this music, speech and visually entertaining journey on board the Rolls-Royce STARRSHIP H.O.P.E. (Human Outer Planetary Explorer). 4 years ago, Terry Jervis created a project on behalf of the Royal Air Force to look to the future of air and space. He came up with an idea for a spacecraft initiative which launched Rolls-Royce into space business as one of the world’s premier engineering industries.
Amazing discoveries are being made all of the time and much of the technology we use today came from the space programme. What makes this experience unique is that we will take a look at ourselves – who are we and as we explore what aspects of us will we take to other planets and new worlds if we cannot solve the problems on this one?
Earth, as far as we have physically explored, is unique and has life in abundance. Space offers us the opportunity to look at ourselves and explore of world further. This cinema experience looks outwards and inwards and highlights some fundamental issues and provides hopeful solutions.
Exclusive screening! You will see the Rolls-Royce STARRSHIP for the first time in full 3D VFX and experience the journey.
- NASA and ESA real satellite footage
- Discover astonishing facts about our planet, solar system and the universe
- Discover Black scientists, engineers, astronauts and the history with space with Tony Warner from Black History Walks
- Music from Rebel in a Suit
- Talks from leading scientists
- Special STARRSHIP/Rolls-Royce merchandise
You will get an insight and understanding into the STARRSHIP with Rolls-Royce. Plus, Q&A with its creator, producer/director Terry Jervis.
NB we have a limited amount of adult tickets from this site but if you want multiple adult/child and/or family tickets please contact Phoenix cinema directly 020 8444 6789
This is an interactive session and part of a six month series of Phoenix Family Fun Sundays, Black history events which will include:
- Ancient Egypt Spectacular – 100th Anniversary Tutankhamen Discovery & Spirit of the Pharaoh Adventure
- Cinema Comic-Con Experience! Part One and Two. Mighty World of Marvel: The Road to Black Panther 2
- Directors Cut – Raising Tennis Aces: Richard, Venus & Serena Williams Story – 20th Anniversary Red Carpet Event
- Pilots of the Caribbean, Tuskegee Airmen and Heroes of African Heritage.The story before the Windrush! Adventure with the real Top Guns of the past!
- Tropical Island “Carnival” Movie Premiere – A Red Carpet Event Starring Monty Mango, Su Su Pineapple and Bernie Banana
- African Superheroes Day
Other coming events from Black History Walks
- Black History River Cruise
- Black History Bus Tour
- 20 Banned Black Films you need to see
- How Black people won World War 2
- Hackney, Mayfair, Trafalgar Square and Soho Black History Walks
- Eugenics and White supremacy
- Reggae season at BFI Southbank
- The Marikana Massacre
- Theatreland Black History Walk
- African Superheroes day
- African Odysseys at the BFI now in its 15th Year
About the producers
Terry Jervis was the mastermind behind the recent RAF museum exhibition ‘Pilots of the Caribbean and has worked with some of the biggest names in world wide music and film including: DIANA ROSS, STEVIE WONDER, MICHAEL JACKSON, TIM BURTON (BATMAN), SPIKE LEE , WILL SMITH, QUEEN, MADONNA, ELTON JOHN, NATALIE COLE, JANET JACKSON, LUTHER VANDROSS, THE ROLLING STONES, THE WILLIAMS SISTERS and many more.
Terry was one of the Executive Producers on the BBC/ MILLENNIUM DAY BROADCAST with over 2.5 billion viewers, the biggest live television & radio broadcast in world history involving over 70 different countries. He was a also a producer and director on the Real McCoy comedy show.
He created BEHIND THE BEAT (BBC 1 & 2), this at its peak attracted 10 million viewers and changed the face of music programming (and had a huge impact on the record industry heralding the age of multi-media entertainment). OUR COMMON FUTURE, an international BBC/CBS co-production attracted 300 million viewers and was the first global environmental entertainment show.
He is currently involved with both the Royal Air Force and Marvel organisations working on Iron Man, Black Panther and Spiderman. He is also producing his own African Superhero animation titled Spirit of the Pharaohs and has one of the biggest comic collections in the country.
Tony Warner is the author of Black History Walks in London Volume 1 (delayed from 2020) from Jacaranda Books and co- author on the Pearson Education GCSE Migration text book https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/secondary/subjects/history-secondary/pearson-edexcel-gcse-history-91/pearson-revise-pearson-edexcel-gcse-9-1-history/gcse-9-1-edexcel-history-migrants-in-britain-c-800-present-student-book-1 which for the first time ever details the activities of ex RAF WW2 servicemen in the fight for Black British Civil Rights
Black History Walks has also curated the African Odysseys film programme at the BFI for the last 15 years.